Te Hautūtaka Matua
Councillors and Community Board Members are elected on a triennial basis (every three years). Here you can find details of current elected members including the Office of the Mayor, Councillors and the Wānaka Community Board.The Mayor Council Wānaka Community Board Register of Interests
Mayor Jim Boult
During my previous term as Mayor, I was delighted to see significant progress in the important areas of traffic and transport; the introduction of a visitor levy; the cost of housing; and adopting a clear vision for the future in Vision Beyond 2050. But there is still much I’d like to achieve for the district.
Our focus is now on the development of enduring strategies that will protect and enhance our unique natural environment whilst supporting the lifestyle that our thriving resident and visitor populations enjoy. These strategies must reflect the needs and aspirations of our community so please share your views with me and your Councillors – contact details for all your elected representatives are here.
- Councillor Valerie Miller (Queenstown-Wakatipu Ward)
- Councillor Craig 'Ferg' Ferguson (Queenstown-Wakatipu Ward)
- Councillor Penny Clark (Queenstown Wakatipu-Ward)
- Councillor Niamh Shaw (Wānaka Ward)
- Mayor Jim Boult
- Councillor Glyn Lewers (Queenstown-Wakatipu Ward)
- Councillor Quentin Smith (Wānaka Ward)
- Councillor Niki Gladding (Queenstown-Wakatipu Ward)
- Councillor Heath Copland (Arrowtown Ward)
- Deputy Mayor Calum MacLeod (Wānaka Ward)
- Councillor Esther Whitehead (Queenstown-Wakatipu Ward) - Not Pictured
Register of Interests
It is a requirement under the Local Authorities (Members' Interests) Act 1968 for all elected members to declare any pecuniary (or other specified) interests.