- Your Council
- Council Documents
- Climate Change and Biodiversity
- Operative District Plan
- Proposed District Plan
- National Policy Statement-Urban Development (District Plan Amendments)
- District Plan maps
- A Guide to Plan Changes
- Inclusionary Housing Variation
- Variation to Coneburn Industrial Zone
- Arthurs Point Notification
- Landscape Schedules
- Te Pūtahi Ladies Mile Variation
- Coming soon: QLDC’s new ePlans
- Elected Members
- Major Projects
- Media Centre
- Meetings & Committees
- Our Vision & Mission
- Privacy and official information requests
- Public Notices
- Sister Cities
Volume Two: Proposed Changes (to the Operative District Plan)
Proposed changes to the Operative District Plan and all the relevant information can be found below.
Private Plan Change 54 - Northlake
The purpose of this plan change is to provide legal access and an infrastructure services corridor to Sticky forest, as required by Condition 47 of the Fast-Track Consent for the Northbrook Retirement Village. It also seeks to expand the land available for residential development. The location is Lindis Road, Wanaka, Lot 2000DP 568636.
Decision on Private Plan Change 54 - Northlake
Council made a decision on the Northlake Private Plan Change PC54 at its meeting on 16 November 2023.
The effect of the decision is to adopt the recommendations of the Independent Hearings Panel, that is:
• That Proposed Plan Change 54 to the Operative Queenstown Lakes District Plan is approved, subject to minor amendments that are described in the decision.
• The Structure Plan is amended to confirm a required road to the boundary of Sticky Forest to enable access to Sticky Forest
• To amend the boundary of the activity areas to enable an additional 63 dwellings in the Northlake Special Zone.
• To amend Chapter 15 – Subdivision, Development and Financial Contributions (assessment matters for resource consents) to specifically address the adequacy of the stormwater management methods to mitigate the downstream effects of the development.
• That any subdivision of Activity Areas B6 (new activity area) will be a non-complying activity if legal vehicle access and infrastructure servicing access is not provided to Hāwea/Wānaka Sticky Forest.
Lodge an appeal
Appeals to the Private Plan Change 54 - Northlake decision are open until 7 February 2024
Information on how to lodge an appeal and general information on the appeal process is available on the Environment Court Website
We request that all correspondence relating to appeals be directed to the Environment Court and to email@example.com
Want to talk about it?
If you have any queries on any of the information provided above or need help with the process or finding a particular document, please contact one of our dedicated duty policy planners on 03 441 0499 (Queenstown) or 03 443 0024 (Wanaka) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hearing of submissions
Looking for information on the hearing?
All information on the hearing of submissions on Private Plan Change 54 - Northlake including the exchange of evidence and hearing recordings can be found here
Summary of Decisions Requested
You can view all submissions received on the Landscape Schedules via our online submission system Consult24 using the link below.
Make a further submission
When a person or group makes a submission or further submission on a District Plan or Plan Change this is public information.
Please note that by making a submission your personal details, including your name and addresses will be made publicly available under the Resource Management Act 1991. This is because, under the Act, any further submission supporting or opposing your submission must be forwarded to you as well as to QLDC.
There are limited circumstances when your submission or your contact details can be kept confidential. If you consider you have compelling reasons why your submission or your contact details should be kept confidential please contact the Senior District Plan Administrator on 03 441 0499 to discuss.
Request as Lodged
Request for Further Information
Planning and Strategy Committee Agenda Item
Want to talk about it?
If you have any queries on any of the information provided, how to make a submission or need help finding a particular document, please contact one of our dedicated duty policy planners on 03 441 0499 (Queenstown) or 03 443 0024 (Wānaka) or email us at email@example.com
Sign up to our newsletter Scuttlebutt and stay up-to-date with the latest news, events & information in the Queenstown Lakes District.