Queenstown Lakes District Council monitors and enforces parking throughout the Queenstown and Wanaka town centres, as well as the wider district.
Parking Maps (coming soon)
- Queenstown parking
- Queenstown loading zones
Queenstown town centre is divided into ten zones, shown in the below map. No return is permitted within the same zone for one hour after your parking period has expired.
Unless signage specifies otherwise, national road rules apply. If in doubt, please check the Land Transport (Road User) Rule 2004. Road users are reminded of the following parking rules:
- Public transport bus stops (painted red and signed Permit Holders Only) - no other vehicles are permitted at any time.
- Bus stops - passenger service vehicles that have more than 9 seats.
- Loading zones – for vehicles where the user is actively engaged in loading or unloading goods or passengers only. A maximum time restriction of five minutes applies.
- Taxi stands - for small passenger service vehicles that have a roof sign displaying the word “Taxi” and are available for hire for the carriage of passengers other than on defined routes.
- Public parking spaces – free, time restricted or charged. These cannot be used for commercial business operations.
- No parking areas – indicated through signage or road markings.
QLDC enforce all time restricted parking (e.g. P120) from 8am to 9pm. We also patrol out with these hours for illegal parking (such as on broken yellow lines) in addition to periodic patrols for complaints we receive regarding Council's Traffic and Parking Bylaw (PDF, 1.09MB).
Large campervans are prohibited from parking the Queenstown CBD and could face an infringement fee of $40-$60 if parked incorrectly.
33 dedicated parks for large campervans are available at the Boundary Street Carpark.