We regularly carry out surveys and consultation to gauge public opinion on a range of matters. Some, like the annual Residents and Ratepayers Survey, are commissioned from independent survey companies who carry them out on our behalf, while we run others informally ourselves as a way of gathering community views.
When we’re conducting an on-line survey or consultation, you’ll find the link on this page. You’ll also find the results of previous surveys and consultations here.
Current Submissions or Feedback
Consultation on draft Ten Year Plan 2018-2028
This plan affects every single person in our district. It's prepared every three years in consultation with our residents and ratepayers and outlines a proposed work plan for the next ten years and how we propose to fund it. We want to hear your views on it!
Consultation on Proposed Amendments to QLDC Policy on Development Contributions
The main reason for the amendment is to update contribution levels as a result of the incorporation of the latest actual expenditure and the revised capital programme proposed by the Long Term Plan 2018/28
- Waste Minimisation and Management Plan (WMMP)
We’re looking to set the plan for waste management across the district for the next six years and want you to let us know what you think.
- Draft Wanaka Recreation Reserves Management Plan
QLDC would like to hear the community’s views about what the ultimate Reserve Management Plan should include. We invite you to tell us what you think we should provide for, so that we can produce a version to be considered at a hearing attended by Councillors and representatives of the Wanaka Community Board.
Feedback closes 3 April 2018
- Expression of Interest - Bright Sky Special Housing Area Wanaka
We have received an expression of interest for a new Special Housing Area in Wanaka.
Feedback closes 18 March 2018
Recent Submissions and Survey Results
- Proposed Long Term Lease - Ngāi Tahu Tourism Hot Pools
- Future of the Lakeview site
- Queenstown Town Centre Masterplan
- Annual Plan 2017/18
- Proposed Amendments to QLDC Policy on Development Contributions
- Fees and Charges Review 2017
- Queenstown Bay Playground
- Coronet Forest management Plan 2017
- Gorge Road Special Housing Area
- Future of Ladies Mile
- Proposed QLDC Brothel Control Bylaw 2017
- Proposed Navigation Safety Bylaw 2017
- Proposed Fees and Charges Changes
QLDC Ratepayers & Residents Surveys
- Ratepayers & Residents Survey 2016 (1.59MB)
- Ratepayers & Residents Survey 2015 (4MB)
- Ratepayers & Residents Survey 2014 (2.24MB)
- Residents & Ratepayers Survey 2013 (3.8MB)