- Sports Leagues
- Gym & Group Fitness
- Kids' Recreation
- Learn to Swim
- Memberships - Join Today
- Sponsored Athletes
- Sport & Rec Venues and Contacts
- Join the Sport & Rec Team
- Responsible Camping in the Queenstown Lakes District
- Parks and Walkways
- Lakes and Boating
- Mountain Biking
- Splash Café
- Wallis Physiotherapy
Gym & Group Fitness
Kā whare me kā rōpu whakapakari tinana
Download the current group fitness timetable here (valid from Monday 12 October).
Existing Alpine Health & Fitness members can log on here.
Book your group fitness classes here.
Get fit and stay fit with Alpine Health & Fitness. Our integrated multi-purpose facility has something for everyone; enjoy the wide range of modern equipment, group fitness classes and motivating programmes to keep you focused.
Alpine Health & Fitness is a modern, friendly community fitness centre. Whether you're a local or just passing through Queenstown, our friendly staff will welcome you with a range of membership or casual visit options.
Conveniently located at Queenstown Events Centre with plenty of free parking available, Alpine Health & Fitness is open every day except Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
Features of Alpine Health & Fitness
- - Strength and cardio equipment
- - Free weights
- - Les Mills group fitness classes
- - Free access to Alpine Aqualand with your gym entry (provides access to pool fitness classes)
- - On-site physio with special rates for members - visit Wallis Physiotherapy on Facebook
- - Complimentary fitness assessments and personalised programmes with your membership
- - Personal training options
- - Group training programmes & bootcamps
- - Rehabilitation
- - Free child minding for members (see below)
- - On-site cafe - visit Splash Cafe on Facebook.
PlayTime is our free supervised child minding service, exclusive to all Alpine Health & Fitness members and available every weekday during the school term, but closed during school holidays and on public holidays.
PlayTime is available to children aged between six months to under five years, and is operated by local parent volunteers (more info below) who supervise the children while you workout. Spaces are limited to 20 children per session.
Advance bookings are essential.
PlayTime sessions are a maximum of two hours. The staff/child ratio is:
- 1:3 under 1 year
- 1:5 1-3 years
- 1:10 3-5 years
Day PlayTime Monday 9.00am - 12.00pm Tuesday 9.00am - 12.00pm Wednesday 9.00am - 1.00pm Thursday 9.00am - 1.00pm Friday 9.00am - 1.00pm
Bookings for PlayTime sessions can only be made the day before by phoning Customer Services on 03 450 9117 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.orgIf you are only able to leave a voicemail, be sure to leave your contact details (phone or email) so we can confirm a space is available. Please note that your booking is only confirmed if you speak to us or receive a response from us – purely leaving a voicemail or email is no guarantee that your child has been booked into PlayTime.
- Each child must be enrolled prior to attending
- Parent must sign in and sign out
- Parent must remain within Queenstown Events Centre while child is at PlayTime
- Change of clothes, nappies, warm clothing and sunhats are required
- Morning tea/snacks are highly recommended.
Volunteers Wanted - can you help?
Playtime relies on an awesome team of volunteers. Can you help out for a few hours a week in return for a free gym and pool pass (which you can give to someone else if you wish)?
Playtime is open weekday mornings during school terms when members can drop off their pre-schoolers for a maximum of two hours per day. Call Tua on 03 450 9005 for more details of what's involved for volunteers.
Ideally you'll be able to make a minimum three-month commitment so the kids can get to know you!Close
We have two sets of change room facilities available: those alongside our stadium and those within our pool complex which include family change rooms and accessible change rooms. The stadium change rooms have lockers available (provided you bring your own small padlock) as well as hairdryers and GHD hair straighteners in the ladies' change rooms. Due to the humid environment in the pool change rooms, hair straighteners are only available on request from Customer Services at reception.Close
*** LATE NIGHT OPENING EVERY TUESDAY UNTIL 11.00pm ***
Weekends & Public Holidays: 8.00am–8.00pm